How to find out which version of Ubuntu you're using
Open the command terminal and type:
How to find out which kernel you are using
Newer Versions of Ubuntu
- Ubuntu has a six month release cycle, with releases in April and October.
- Precise Pangolin (12.04 LTS) will be released in April 2012 and will be a Long Term Support version
Older Versions of Ubuntu
- Natty Narwhal (11.04) (supported until October 2012)
- Maverick Meerkat (10.10) (supported until April 2012)
- Lucid Lynx (10.04) (Long Term Support version with desktop support until April 2013 and server support until April 2015)
- Karmic Koala (9.10) (no longer supported)
- Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (no longer supported)
- Hardy Heron (8.04 LTS) (Long Term Support version with desktop support until April 2011 and server support until April 2013)
- Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) (no longer supported)
- See this complete list of older and newer versions.