How to determine which version of Kubuntu you're using
In Konsole type:
How to find out the version of your Kernel
Newer Versions of Kubuntu
- Kubuntu has a six month release cycle, with releases in April and October.
- Maverick Meerkat (10.10), scheduled for release in October 2010. This will not be an LTS version.
- Lucid Lynx (10.04 LTS), released on April 29, 2010, is the next LTS (Long Term Support) version.
Older Versions of Kubuntu
- Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) (supported until October 2010)
- Intrepid Ibex (8.10) (no longer supported)
- Hardy Heron (8.04 LTS) (Long Term Support version with desktop support until April 2011 and server support until April 2013)
- Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) (Long Term Support version with server support until June 2011. Desktop version no longer supported.)
- See this complete list of older and newer versions.