- See this complete list of older and newer versions.
- This is an Unofficial Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) Starter Guide. It is not associated with Ubuntu and Canonical Ltd.
- This guide can be discussed at the official UbuntuGuide.org Forum at ubuntuforums.org. Stop by and join the discussion.
- If you see a bluish box, this means you have to execute the commands in Terminal mode (Applications -> Accesories -> Terminal) or use the content of that box as mentioned in some other instructions.
- To reduce typo mistakes, copy and paste the commands into Terminal mode (right click on the commands -> "Copy" or "Paste". You can also use Ctrl+C to copy and Shift+Insert to paste it)
- "sudo" means superuser do. "sudo" will prompt for "Password:". Please specify user password
- If you want more information about any command, simply look at the manual page for it using the "man" command. For example, "man sudo" will display the manual page for the "sudo" command.
- If you are tired of typing "aptitude" all the time, Read #How to aptitude the easy way (Synaptic)
- "aptitude" and "wget" requires Internet connection to install/update/download programs
- All references to "apt-get" have been replaced with "aptitude". You may still safely use "apt-get" if you wish. This may be discussed in the Ubuntu Forums
- To download file, right click on the link -> Select "Save Link As..." -> Make sure file name and extension are correct
- If you wish to help translating Ubuntu to your native language or to help Ubuntu otherwise visit https://launchpad.net/
- May the "humanity to others" spirit be with you always...
- If you are using 64-bit version replace any "i386" with "amd64"