Kubuntuguide eBook Maverick
- By default (K)Ubuntu includes a Print to File option from the Print menu of every program. Use this option to print anything appearing in your browser into a PDF file. From Firefox (or any other browser or program):
- File -> Print -> Print to File -> Output Format: PDF
- View each page (listed in an eBook Collection) individually using the Printable version button in the Sidebar then print the resulting view as a PDF file. Combine the individually printed PDF pages into a single PDF file to create your own eBook.
- One of several eBook conversion programs (such as Calibre) can also be used to convert any HTML web page into an eBook (in a variety of formats). See these tips.
- There are several eBook Collections that have already been created in the Books Category.
This eBook is approximately 500 pages.
Pages included in Part 2:
- Boot from a Live CD
- Multiple OS Installation
- Manipulating Partitions
- Virtualbox in Windows
- Android emulation
- Video Conversion
- EBook Conversion
- Transparent Image Backgrounds
- Email with PGP
- Mail Server setup
- Dynamic IP servers
- FTP tips
- Using SSH to Port Forward
- Limit the user accounts that can connect through OpenSSH remotely
- OpenVPN server Karmic
- Apache2 reverse proxies
- MediaWiki tips
- Mediawiki site building tips
- Collections tips
- PdfBook tips
- Drupal6 tips
- Drupal site building tips
- Moodle tips
- DAViCal tips
- DAViCal current version
- Skulltag tips
- Dolphin file manager
- Kubuntuguide XML exports
- Kubuntuguide:Community portal
This part will not be needed by the average user.
Pages included in Part 3:
- Ultimate Server Lucid K
- Ultimate Server Lucid Customization
- Ultimate Server Lucid K with OpenVistA EHR
- OpenVistA EHR
- WorldVistA tips
Note: These archived eBooks may not be completely up-to-date with the most current revisions found in the wiki. Always refer directly to the wiki for the most current information.
- KubuntuGuide Maverick Part 1 (PDF, 1 Mb, May 2012) | KubuntuGuide Maverick Part 1 (Alt. PDF, 10 Mb, Jan 2012)
- KubuntuGuide Part 2 (PDF, 1 Mb, Apr 2013) | KubuntuGuide Part 2 (Alternate PDF, 12 Mb, Apr 2013)
- KubuntuGuide Part 3 (PDF, 350 kb, Apr 2013) | KubuntuGuide Part 3 (Alternate PDF, 3.5 Mb, Apr 2013)